Easy language makes information available to everyone
In Switzerland alone, there are an estimated one million people who suffer from reading difficulties. There are many reasons for this: poor skills, dementia or cognitive disabilities. The importance of access to information for these people became apparent at the beginning of the pandemic. At that time, the Swiss federal government communicated the rules of conduct, from the importance of washing your hands to keeping your distance, using multilingual easy language. And there is even an “Easy language” button for German, French and Italian on the parlament.ch website. Our language professionals can also word your texts or official messages so that they will be understood by everyone.
Conveying core information in a highly simplified way
Easy language uses the strongest form of simplification and is written at level A1 or A2. There are numerous rules to be observed. Some of them are: the use of basic vocabulary, one sentence with a maximum of eight words per line, active instead of passive, no foreign words, the present tense and numbers as figures instead of as words.
Communicating in a customer-friendly way using simple language
Even those who understand well can struggle with formal bureaucratic German. An increasing number of companies and government agencies have recognised that providing information in a simplified form meets a need. With our simple language specialists, we can help you revise complex documents and make them customer-friendly.
The advantages of our easy and simple language text editing services at a glance:
- Qualified copywriters who are familiar with the comprehensive rules of easy language
- Experienced copy professionals who know how to transform complicated phrases into simple language
- Professional copywriters with the necessary knowledge for simplifying challenging texts with legal, scientific, official or other content
- Both easy and simple language services available in multiple languages
- SSL encryption for secure data transfer
- Information security in accordance with ISO 27001